Posting Rules for Smart + Strong Websites
Last updated August 3, 2020
When posting comments to articles on Smart + Strong websites, you may not post material that:
- contains vulgar, profane, abusive or hateful language, epithets or slurs, text or illustrations in poor taste, inflammatory attacks of a personal, racial or religious nature, or expressions of bigotry, racism, discrimination or hate.
- Impersonates any person or entity or falsely represents your identity.
- is defamatory, threatening, disparaging, grossly inflammatory, false, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, inaccurate, unfair, contains gross exaggeration or unsubstantiated claims, violates the privacy rights of any third party, is unreasonably harmful or offensive to any individual or community, contains any actionable statement, or tends to mislead or reflect unfairly on any other person, business or entity.
- discriminates on the grounds of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability, or refers to such matters in any manner prohibited by law.
- evades or violates any municipal, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance, or attempts to encourage such an evasion or violation.
- advertises, promotes or offers to trade any goods or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purpose.
- uploads or includes copyrighted or other proprietary material of any kind on www.smartandstrong.com and associated websites without the express permission of the owner of that material.
- includes images, photos, or articles or other content that constitutes, promotes or encourages illegal acts, violation of any right of any individual or entity, violation of any local, state, national or international law, rule, guideline or regulation, or otherwise creates liability for CDM Publishing, LLC, D.B.A. as Smart + Strong or any third party.
- disrupts, interferes with, or otherwise harms or violates the security of www.smartandstrong.com and associated websites, or any services, system resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through www.smartandstrong.com or affiliated or linked sites.
- “flames” any individual or entity (e.g., sends repeated messages related to another user and/or makes derogatory or offensive comments about another individual), or repeats prior posting of the same message under multiple threads or subjects.
By posting comments to www.smartandstrong.com and associated websites, you agree to the following:
You are at least 18 years of age.
To enable Smart + Strong to use and publish your comments, you grant Smart + Strong a nonexclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) right (including all moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, prepare derivative works from, distribute, and display your comments (in whole or in part) and to incorporate your comments in letters to the editor or in other sections of affiliated publications, and in other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in your comments.
To protect your safety, use your best judgment when posting comments. Please realize these comments are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you disclose information regarding your mental health in a comment, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, do not use your full name, personal phone numbers and addresses or other information that can be used to identify you. Smart + Strong reserves the right to not post, delete, move or edit any comments at any time, for any reason or in their discretion, but have no obligation to review or remove any such comment.
These posting rules shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements made and to be fully performed therein, without giving effect to conflict of laws principles thereof. You and Smart + Strong shall submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of New York, State of New York.